|Strawberry Grapefruit Smoothie ~ The perfect way to wake-up!|
Wowza! Strawberry Grapefruit Smoothie packs a big "GOOD MORNING" punch of flavor and nutrition. Plus, this yummy smoothie is guaranteed to wake-up the sleepiest of sleepy-heads.
However, I must warn you that Strawberry Grapefruit Smoothie has been known to cause outbursts of yodeling after just one sip. What can I say? When a morning smoothie is this delicious plus crammed with boatloads of vitamin C, protein, fiber and fruity yummy-ness, well... these things happen.
Strawberry Grapefruit Smoothie
Pretty and pink, but powerfully nutritious and delicious ~ Strawberry Grapefruit Smoothie is both gluten and dairy free. Fresh grapefruit, pear, frozen strawberries and banana, plus high protein hemp seeds make this the perfect smoothie to start your morning!Makes 3 large smoothies
1 juicy, pink grapefruit ~ peeled and seeds removed, cut up
1 fresh pear, seeds and stem removed, diced
1/2 cup water
5 - 6 oz. sliced frozen strawberries (about one cup)
1 frozen banana, sliced
1/3 cup hemp seed (or your favorite protein powder if you prefer)
10 ice cubes
1. Place the cut up grapefruit, diced pear and water in your blender, put the lid on. Start at low speed, then increase speed slowly to high speed until smooth.
2. Add the sliced frozen strawberries and banana, hemp seed and ice cubes. Cover, start at low speed then increase to high and blend until thick, creamy and smooth.
3. Pour into three large glasses and enjoy. Do try to keep the yodeling down though, some folks aren't partial to yodeling early in the morning.
More About Strawberry Grapefruit SmoothieThe fastest way to get the fruit and juice out of a grapefruit:
- Peel the grapefruit just as if you were peeling an orange. Tear apart the sections (over the blender so all the juice is captured) and remove the seeds before you let each section drop into the blender. I recommend that you remove the seeds because the seeds will give a touch of bitterness to the smoothie.
- Yes, you can; however the texture of your smoothie will change. The frozen strawberries and banana make the smoothie thick, cold and creamy.
- Hemp seed is awesome! I simply love it and NO, no, you will not get high from hemp seed. Well... you might feel super-wonderful and healthy but you will not get high.
- Hemp seed is not a drug; it is a nutritious seed that tastes quite similar to pine nuts.
- Hemp seed is loaded with omegas and is very high in protein. Just 3 tablespoons contains 11 grams of protein. (Eleven grams of protein is 22% of the minimum daily requirement.)
- Hemp Seed is going "main stream" and is not only available at natural food stores and online ~ at the time of this blog post, Hemp Seed is even available at Costco!
|Don't Be Afraid to Be Great!|
This year... don't hold back from trying new things.
You CAN get healthy! You can begin again! I believe in YOU!
DON'T BE AFRAID TO BE GREAT!
BIG HUGS to YOU! Lynn