Pumpkin Muffins should be soft and yummy and cinnamon-spicy. But, is it possible to have a FABULOUS TASTING Pumpkin Muffin if that muffin is: Gluten, dairy, rice, oat, nut and egg free?
YES! Yes, it is possible! Gosh! I am so HAPPY to say that!
True Facts About Happy Pumpkin Muffins
- None of the taste-testers knew (except me) that my Pumpkin Muffins were vegan and gluten-free, dairy-free, rice-free, oat, nut and egg free!
- In spite of working with those limitations, ALL of the taste-testers enjoyed the Pumpkin Muffins so much they went back for seconds and thirds!
For thou shalt eat the labor of thy hands:
Happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee.
Happy Pumpkin Muffins
Moist, soft, spicy vegan (gluten & dairy-free) Pumpkin Muffins loaded with chocolate chips or raisins. These fabulous muffins are irresistible!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit for a dark pan; 350 degrees Fahrenheit for a shiny pan
- Line your cupcake/muffin pan with cupcake papers
1 1/2 cups of my Gluten-Free Party Cookie Mix (use sorghum flour instead of rice flour, if you are allergic to rice flour)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt (I use RealSalt)
1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup canned pumpkin (just pumpkin, nothing else)
2/3 cup milk of your choice (I use refrigerated coconut milk)
1/2 cup firmly PACKED brown sugar
1/4 cup good tasting olive oil (or other oil of your choice)
1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (or fresh lemon juice)
- Do not leave out the vinegar because your muffins will not rise well without it. A little bit of acid is necessary to react with the baking powder and soda.
1/2 cup raisins or 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- I usually divide the batter in half and add 1/4 cup of raisins to one half of the batter and 1/3 cup of chocolate chips to the remaining half. This makes the "raisin lovers" and the "chocolate lovers" very happy; however I must admit that most people ADORE the chocolate chips...
2. In a large bowl whisk together pumpkin, milk, brown sugar, olive oil and vinegar until smooth. Pour the "Dry Mix" on top of the "Wet Mix" and whisk until combined. Stir in the raisins/chocolate chips. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
3. Bake in a preheated oven ~ 325 degrees Fahrenheit, for approximately 21-24 minutes or until done. A toothpick when inserted will come out clean. Serve with a happy smile.
MORE... MORE... MORE!
MORE PUMPKIN MUFFIN RECIPES:
#2. Fightin' Good Honey Harvest Pumpkin Muffins are gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free incredibly delicious muffins that are sweetened with only honey. Can you believe that... NO ADDED SUGAR!
Fightin' Good Honey Harvest Pumpkin Muffins taste so good I served them for dessert at Jean's birthday party! (Lately, all my friends have become very health conscious, yet they all want something that tastes luxuriously yummy. Well, I put a birthday candle on top of a mini-muffin for the "Birthday Girl" (she choose raisins instead of chocolate chips in her muffin) and... everyone at the party LOVED them!) These muffins are also ~ low in fat, super-healthy, loaded with healthy pumpkin and are my newest FAVORITE MUFFIN!
No matter which muffin recipe you choose, I have just one thing to say: "You made a GREAT CHOICE! Enjoy!"